Thursday, August 6, 2009

Upcoming on the Summer of Woodstock

Hey Folks,
I just wanted to let you all know about some exciting things in the next few weeks. We'll be having interviews with Sam Andrew from Big Brother and the Holding Company, Tom Constanten of the Grateful Dead, Country Joe MacDonald, and Woodstock producers Artie Kornfeld and Michael Lange. We'll also be hearing from a few folks that were at Woodstock 40 years ago.

On a sad note, Marty Dion, a friend and neighbor of mine who was on the air with Jim Barrett on "Kaleidoscope" passed away this past weekend. He was going to come down to WRPI to either guest host one of the shows or just share his Woodstock experience as he was there as press with WRPI for the week before the festival and the festival itself. I will be airing the 45-minute interview with him and Jim that I did for WRPI's 50th anniversary in 2007 on one of the upcoming shows.

IF YOU WERE AT WOODSTOCK, please contact me at steve.malinski@gmail.com or leave a message for me at WRPI 276-6248. I want to hear from you about your experiences at Woodstock!

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment