Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer of Woodstock draws to a close

To all of my listeners,
I would like to thank you for listening to the program, which I spent 13 Sunday evenings with you on WRPI. For 30 of the 32 Woodstock artists, we only had those 13 two hour shows to fit it all in. Had I been able to spend more time on it, I would have done at least 32 two hour programs, one for each artist. I am proud to be the only person on the only radio station in probably at least New York state to spend the entire summer celebrating the 40th anniversary of Woodstock and promoting the 40th anniversary concert at Bethel Woods. Maybe WRPI (with yours truly on the mic) is the only broadcast media to spend that much time on the 40th anniversary. And to do so 40 years after being the only radio station in upstate NY to promote Woodstock '69 is an honor.

I hope to return next summer with a program similar to Summer of Woodstock; what it is I do not know yet. (Maybe in 2014 we'll do a 45th anniversary program! ....or a late night 15th anniversary of Woodstock '99)...but that's assuming I'm still around wrpi.

If you would like to receive a copy of my interviews with Sam Andrew (BBHC), Tom Constanten (Grateful Dead), Country Joe, Conrad Oberg, Woodstock producers Artie Kornfeld and Michael Lang, Woodstock Alumni Gerry, Mike Caprio, Harry Carter, and Luther Callman, please email me at steve.malinski@gmail.com or check back in about a week on wrpi.org for details. R.I.P. Woodstock and WRPI "Kaleidoscope" alumnus Marty Dion, who we were going to talk to on the program but left us early August.

Peace,
Steve Malinski

No comments:

Post a Comment